Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions

Applying for a Job

Will you consider my profile details for other suitable advertised posts?

No, you must express your interest in advertised posts in order to be considered. However this is a simple process of indicating your interest, as your profile details are held on the system and will not need to be re-entered.

How can I check the status of my application?

Once you have registered with the Career Site, you are able to log on at any time to check the status of your application(s).

How long do my details remain on this system?

If your account has been inactive for more than 12 months, your details will be removed. You will receive a reminder email prior to your information being removed.

Can I apply for more than one vacancy at the same time?

Yes, provided you complete the application process and submit your application for each vacancy as a separate application. The system retains your profile information, so that you do not need to re-enter that information, however, there may be job specific questions that you need to complete in order to apply for a different role.

Will I be advised if unsuccessful?

We encourage you to log onto our Careers portal to track the status of your application at any time. However if we have invited you to participate in a selection process and you are unsuccessful, you will receive an individual notification.

How do I apply for an opportunity in one of the Statutory Authorities and Government-Owned Companies (SAGCs)?

You can click here to go to the SAGC Opportunities page.


Who do I contact if I need assistance applying?

You will find a step-by-step video, accessible from the home page, which guides you through the application process. If you are a Caymanian Job Seeker registered with WORC for employee assistance, a member of the WORC team will be able to assist you through the on-line application process. If you need assistance, including access to computer time or the internet, the Cayman Islands Public Library Service has staff members able to assist at each of the District Branches.

Who do I contact if I need assistance with my password?

When you registered for the site, you will have been asked to select a security question that you can use to reset your password. From the home page select the "Forgot Password?" option and follow the on-line instructions. If you are unable to resolve the issue through this option, then email, with the subject line "User Access/Password Query", briefly outlining your query. A member of the recruitment team will respond during the next available business hours.

What do I do if I realise I have made an error on my application?

Even if you have submitted your application you are still able to make changes up until the closing date for the role. To do so you must withdraw your application, which will clear your responses to the role specific questions and personal statement (but not your profile information), and re-submit. If you only wish to make minor amendments you may want to copy or print your personal statement, prior to withdrawing your application, for ease of re-submission.

Information about how my personal data is managed

Click here

Technical Assistance

If you require assistance please contact us at

Civil Service Benefits

Who is eligible to be covered under my CINICO benefits?

Your medical benefits will cover your spouse and dependent children. "Common Law" partners are not recognised as eligible dependents.

"Children" are defined as -

Dependent child" means the offspring of the employee, a step-child, a child legally adopted or a foster child who is-

Employees also have the option to apply to purchase coverage through the Civil Service scheme for dependents over the age of 23, who meet specific criteria.

Can I transfer my pension to or from the private sector when I join or leave the Civil Service?

Yes, you are able to apply to transfer monies between approved on-Island pension providers.

Can I borrow from my Public Service Pension Plan?

There are currently no provisions to borrow from your Civil Service Pension fund.

Other Employment Terms

If I am employed on a fixed-term contract will my contract be renewed?

Decisions relating to offering a further employment contract are at the Appointing Officers' discretion and are dependent on a range of factors including work performance, other possible candidates for the position and, organisational considerations.

As a non-Caymanian Civil Servant would I be subject to the "immigration term limit" policy?

Civil Servants are not subject to the immigration term limit policy.

Am I required to be vaccinated for Covid-19 if I accept an offer of employment?

Currently, there is no mandatory requirement for vaccination against Covid-19. However, Civil Servants are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated to support the Government's public health initiative to maintain high vaccination levels.

Information for Overseas Applicants

Do I need a Visa or Work Permit to apply for a job with the Cayman Islands Government?

No, Civil Servants do not require a visa or work permit. The Employment Agreement will confer residency rights for the employee, during their employment with the civil service, and their eligible dependents who accompany them to the Cayman Islands.

Where can I learn more about living and working in the Cayman Islands?

There are a range of websites that provide information about living and working in the Cayman Islands. A popular online resource is Cayman New Resident.

Who can accompany me if I am relocating from overseas?

Your spouse and dependent children can accompany you to the Cayman Islands.